From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-18 14:54:30

On 2006-01-15, Davide Bolcioni <davide_bolcioni_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Phil Richards ha scritto:
> > Well, that might be interesting - the obvious thing to do is
> > something like
> > cvs -d <whatever> -z3 co boost/boost/regex
> > But then, of course, you need boost/boost/regex.h and friends, and
> > also boost/libs/regex. Then you need to scan all the files
> > you've just got and make sure the all the #include's from boost/boost
> > that are used are pulled down... Oh, and you'll probably need the
> > Boost.Build stuff, too, just in case the jam files in the project use
> > new/fixed stuff.
> Most of the above might be obtained using CVS 'modules', see for
> example here:
[snip]

Yes, but the problem is that somebody has to create (and maintain) all
the appropriate modules (one per boost library, at the very least). It
*might* be possible to automate it (and possibly this could be reused
for Subversion)... but I wonder if it isn't more effort than it's worth?

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email