From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-25 22:19:56

Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:08:58 -0800, Eric Niebler wrote
>> Dave Moore wrote:
>>> So , I guess these is no chance of asio making the deadline? (Presuming it
>>> is accepted, of course)
>>>

> I'm sorry for the delay in the review results -- I hope to finish them this
> week.
>
>> IF asio is accepted, every effort should be made to get it into the
>> next release. If there is any hope of getting a networking library
>> into C++0x, we need the usage experience now. (All IMHO, of course.)
>
> While I agree with the sentiment I find it unlikely that this could happen. If
> accepted, there will surely be some set of changes before asio is included.
> That process could take a substantial amount of time. Even if there were no
> changes it would probably take a month to get asio in...

I agree. To put it bluntly I don't see any way asio can make it. But
there is good news as well. Part of being very restrictive about what
goes in 1.34 is the goal to have more frequent releases. The idea is
being strict will shorten the release cycle and that will reduce the
pressure for any specific feature to make a specific release.

So much for the theory.

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt