From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-28 11:21:22

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> The only contention I see is that we have one group of Boosters
> calling for deprecation of GCC < 3 and another that wants to adopt
> QNX as a supported platform. Of course, QNX has a GCC 2.95.3 compiler
> as an option.
>
> Are you proposing to adopt QNX with GCC 2.95.3, GCC 3.3.x or both?

Support for 2.95.3 is a very low priority for me right now and if it was
dropped from Boost I don't think there would be many (if any)
dissapointed QNX programmers out there. My plan for Boost v 1.34 would
be to make a good job of gcc 3.3.5 support.

I will continue to monitor the current debate over gcc 2.95.3 and maybe
when my dedicated test machine is on line I will try some runs with gcc
2.95.3 just to see how bad it really is :-)

Jim