From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 20:11:41

"AlisdairM" <alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>
>> Didn't we decide to drop ancient compilers?
>
> Not yet, but we never officially defined what it means to support a
> compiler either.

Well, lets consider this a first big step in this direction. If we dont make
this step at some point we will be stack where we are forever.

> There is certainly a growing feeling their time has come, but no
> definitive list yet.

I have this feeling for several releases now. 7.1 may soon become
depricated. I do not see any reason to still support 6.5.
And if I will have time before the end of release cycle I will remove 2.95
workarounds either.

Gennadiy