From: Dean Michael C. Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 04:23:02

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 19:26 -0700, Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:10:39 +0800, Dean Michael C. Berris wrote
> > Good day,
> >
> > On some of my free time, having been working a few months (close to a
> > year) on an in-house framework for a company here in the Philippines,
> > I have tried actually creating a Registry-Listener pattern template
> > which might be useful to other people. This implementation is from
> > the ground up mine, and in no way being used by my client.
>
> I guess my first question would be, how is this different from boost.signals?
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/signals.html

It's a bit different because instead of explicit "connection" and
"disconnection", I instead used a template which was intended to be
inherited publicly that had in it's constructor a call to a Registry's
"register" method.

The Registry template on the other hand is defined with a templated
"default hash" class -- which is really a functor with template
arguments. I'm not really good at explaining the code, but I am putting
in some source files at the vault.

> > I had been contemplating already for a long time whether the boost
> > library is the right place for me to bring forward this
> >...snip...
> >
> > My question however would be where I should be uploading the files,
>
> We use the 'vault' to share files:
>
> http://boost-consulting.com/vault/
>
> > and whether there are any conventions and regulations that need to be
> > followed for the library to be included maybe under the Boost libraries.
>
> Boost libraries have a very high bar in terms of quality...so it's usually a
> long process to get a library into boost. If you haven't already you should
> have a read thru:
>
> http://www.boost.org/more/submission_process.htm
>
> and
>
> http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm

Thanks for the links. :) They are very much appreciated. :)

I should get into reading these docs too in my "other spare times that I
want to be a bit productive". :)

> > I've been on the list (lurking) for a while already, and pointers
> > regarding newbie Boost developer concerns would be most appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you very much and have a nice day! :)
>
> Welcome!

Again, thank you very much for the pointers. :)

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Mobile +639287291459