From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 07:40:29

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:

>Current results show that **39%** of respondents still cling
>to VC6 rather than 7.x or 8.0. Many of them do so out
>of necessity, because they can't assume porting some project
>to a newest IDE --and, curiously enough, some like VC6 IDE
>better !!

So there are lots of people using VC6 in order to support legacy
projects. Is there any good reason why these legacy projects need
support from a new Boost release?
A lot of arguments here sound as if people are afraid that Boost will
completely remove everything that ever worked with the old compiler. But
if 1.34 drops support for compilers, there is no doubt that 1.33 will
still be available for download.

Those that simply like VC6 better I have no pity for. I have been using
6, 7 and 7.1 and I definitely see no significant advantages to the old
IDE - rather the other way round. IntelliSense in VC6 was horribly
broken, for example. That's not to mention the compiler itself.

Sebastian Redl