From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 05:46:05

> That will be great! Any chance this will be done in near future? It's
> quick change and it's needed so that I can formally check that test
> results with Boost.Build V1 and V2 are the same. If you tell me the
> prefix you like
> I can adjust the Jamfile myself.

I've updated the v1 Jamfile, but not v2 (sorry for the slight delay, but you
caught me just as I was calling it a day).

Re: the v2 Jamfile: I don't think the global project requirements you've
added are such a good idea: it means that the std-library-forwarding headers
are always in the search path even when they're not supposed to be tested,
if there's a SNAFU with their setup then *everything* will fail, which makes
my job rather harder.

I also had to explicitly add BOOST_ROOT to the include paths because there
were some v1 toolsets that put compiler-specific (or STLport) paths *before*
boost's. I can't tell you how subtle the problems are that this causes (the
header forwarding mechanism is *very* sensitive to include path order
unfortunately, especially when STLport is trying to do the same thing), or
how hard they are to track down. Hopefully bbv2 is umm, more sane in this
area, and doesn't needlessly inject compiler include paths into the mix?

And finally: in the v1 Jamfile I had to use full paths in the GLOB
statements to get them to work when the Jamfile was being referenced from
status/ rather than it's own directory. Is bbv2 any beter here?

Whew! Thanks,

John.