From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 02:11:41

John Maddock wrote:

>> Note that the output of --dump-tests reports wrong name for the second
>> "test_complex" -- libs/tr1/test/test_complex.cpp instead of
>> libs/tr1/test/std_headers/test_complex.cpp
>>
>> I looks like there are two issues in regression system:
>> 1. --dump-tests reports wrong file name
>
> I suspect this may be the cause of issue #2 as well?

Maybe.

> Does this mean that
> two tests with the same name anywhere in Boost will clash?

Not "anywhere", but declared in the same Jamfile. Which does not seem so
unreasonable, anyway.

> These are in
> different directories so there really shouldn't be a clash even if there
> are two files with the same name.

The files are in different directory, but both tests are defined in the same
Jamfile. At the very least, you won't be able to selectively build one of
them.

>> So, maybe it's a good idea to add explicit suffix to tests, for
>> example using the following patch:
>
> Or a prefix like I did for std_ prefixed versions? I'll update the
> Jamfile.

That will be great! Any chance this will be done in near future? It's a
quick change and it's needed so that I can formally check that test results
with Boost.Build V1 and V2 are the same. If you tell me the prefix you like
I can adjust the Jamfile myself.

Thanks,
Volodya