From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-06 07:48:28

Rene Rivera wrote:
> And for those that don't know, the new site design is at
> <http://boost.redshift-software.com/>.

Nice work!

I have one constructive criticism of the style regarding usability.
Research has established that we humans find it difficult to read very
long lines of text. The optimum seems to be around 10 - 15 words per line.

I am of the belief that this should be achieved by putting the text in
tables that restrict the line length. See my site at:

http://www.dramatec.co.uk/boost-qnx6/

The new design allows the text to flow almost the full width of the
screen, and on my monitor with 1280 px across that results in about 30
words per line.

OK, so the reader is at liberty to set the width of the browser window...

Just my 2 pence worth on the subject of ergonomics.

Jim