From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-09 21:22:31

"John Phillips" <phillips_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> elviin wrote:
>
>>> If you are frustrated by the documentation of a library and would
>>>love a chance to help make it better, there is now a place to offer your
>>>services.
>>

>> Even if I'm not a native English speaker? Is there any way how can I
>> help with documentation?
>> At least I can read it:)

> To me, the idea of having non-native English speakers look at the
> docs to see if they are clear enough sounds like a good one. Boost isn't
> a resource for only native English speakers, so if there is something
> reasonable that can be done to make it more accessible, it should be
> considered.

FWIW, the C++ committee sets up a small ad hoc drafting committee at each
meeting to read formal motions to ensure the wording is OK. They always try
to include at least one person who is not a native English speaker.

Reporting weaknesses in documentation is one of the more valuable ways to
help out with Boost. And fixes for any problems found are especially
appreciated.

--Beman