From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-10 13:25:37

"John Maddock" wrote

[...]

> Now, here's the question: what did the folks who were asking for this
> functionality actually want to use the information for?

I didnt ask, but it strikes me that this could be a way towards a more modular
boost.

Now shared_ptr author can say,

 "my library (currently?) depends on the following modules:

mpl
preprocessor.
type_traits

So grab those modules (with the same distro number) too in order to use it."

What messes up the calm paradise are the odds and sods
Ideally the odds and sods could be made modular too, so for example config.hpp
and version.hpp could go to <boost/config/config.hpp>. detail would simply not
exist! static_assert would go in <boost/assertion/static_assert.hpp> or
whatever. These could just forward to the odds and sods headers but would be
preferred over the orphans.

In an ideal World ;-)

regards
Andy Little