From: Simon Li (simon.li_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-14 12:16:11

> Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should be
> accepted as a Boost library!

Yes.

> - What is your evaluation of the design/implementation?

Seems good, though bear in mind my experience of C++ is quite limited relative
to most members of this group :-).

It would be useful if there were more example docs- eg. something that
introduces features more advanced than those covered in "Quick Guide for the
Impatient", but which isn't too in-depth.

I was also initially confused as to what the library could do- I got the
impression that eg. mmapped files were just an example of what you might want to
implement using the shmem interface, and was pleasantly surprised to discover
that in fact the functionality was included in the library.

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

Very useful, especially as it supports STL containers, and is cross-platform.

> - Did you try to use the library?

I compiled all the examples with MS Visual Studio 2003, and tried 2 examples:
processA/B and shmemmmapped_file.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation?

I briefly skimmed through the documentation.

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

No.

As another poster mentioned, adding network communication might be a useful
future addition, providing an easy to use interface.

Simon