From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-16 06:27:55

Beth Jacobson wrote:
> Initially, I'd just like to get some feedback on whether the page might
> merit consideration for inclusion in the Boost website and an idea of
> whether others would be willing to contibute to the effort.

What's wrong with "libraries by category" part of

   http://www.boost.org/libs/libraries.htm

in the first place?!

Quick set of comments:
======================

Library names should start with an uppercase character because of

    http://www.boost.org/more/discussion_policy.htm#lib_names
.

"C++ Tweak" doesn't quite cut it right for all what's listed in this section, I think.
BTW. is 'lexical_cast' really part of 'conversion'?
I can't make any sense of the description saying "Enums" for 'variant', did you perhaps actually want to write "Unions"?

It's strange that the meaning of the columns seems to swap after the first two entries (for "C++ tweaks" and "Simple utilities") and the authors' names should be listed for either all or for none of the entries.

What separates a "simple utility" from an "advanced utility"? Currently this separation seems tainted with a subjective guess of what might be inside.
To just pick a few examples: 'enable_if' is (nearly) a one-liner while 'multi-index' is a complex library, 'call_traits' is quite simple compared to 'regex', and 'functional' and 'functional/hash' ending up in different categories seems quite odd to me too.

Further I can't really see what's "bleeding edge" about 'range' or 'in_place_factory'.

"Misc" should probably read "Portability".
- 'config': I'd just strike that "not intended for library users" sentence.
  Boost.Config gives a fine set of tools to write very portable code - it can be
  attractive to end-users as well.
- 'compatibility' -- I'd probably use the word "normalize" in the description

Probably 'integer' should be put into this category, as well...

Hope it's of any help,

Tobias