From: Beth Jacobson (bethj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-15 16:04:04

Inspired by a recent discussion on the "Why Use Boost?" thread, I've
started working on a new web page designed to briefly answer that
question for each library. The libraries arranged in groups meant to
appeal to particular users and interests with an eye to encouraging
browsing and making it easier for users to home in on the type of
library appropriate to them.

I've put a very preliminary page up at
http://bajac.com/boost/byType.html. The libraries are arranged by group,
and a few include new descriptions appropriate to this type of listing
(those are the ones with black 'headings' in the left column). The other
descriptions and text style were shamelessly stolen from Rene's
development site. (Love those new links!)

Initially, I'd just like to get some feedback on whether the page might
merit consideration for inclusion in the Boost website and an idea of
whether others would be willing to contibute to the effort. I'm not
looking for any serious time commitment, but if enough people are
willing to contribute just one or two library descriptions each, I can
format and add them to the page, and try filling in remaining
descriptions myself. (My own time is rather limited, so I'm afraid that
I'd never make it through all the libraries without some help.)