From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-16 07:57:12

Andy Little wrote:
> "Tobias Schwinger" wrote
>
>>Beth Jacobson wrote:
>>
>>>Initially, I'd just like to get some feedback on whether the page might
>>>merit consideration for inclusion in the Boost website and an idea of
>>>whether others would be willing to contibute to the effort.
>>
>>What's wrong with "libraries by category" part of
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/libs/libraries.htm
>>
>>in the first place?!
>

> hmm .. Having Spirit and Wave under "string and text processing" is a bit
> underwhelming for earth shattering libs like these isnt it?
> They sound so much coooler in the "bleeding-edge libraries" section ... Thats
> where I'd prefer to be anyway!

While I agree that 'string and text processing' might not be the most
accurate description for them, I don't think 'bleeding-edge libraries' isn't
a very meaningful category to put anything in. What does it tell about the
problem domain ? It seems more about marketing than information. IMO of course.

Regards,
                Stefan