From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-18 13:50:20

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> This failure:
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/output/RudbekAssociates-bin-boost-libs-graph-test-graphviz_test-test-vc-7_1-debug-threading-multi.html
>
> Appears to be due to vc7.1 badly misinterpreting a using-directive in
> the scope of the instantiating function. I suggest full qualification
> of ::boost::detail in shared_ptr.hpp as a remedy.

Correction about what stimulated the bug to appear: I now believe it
was the following sequence in boost/graph/detail/read_graphviz_spirit.hpp

  using namespace std;
  using namespace boost;
  using namespace boost::spirit;
  using namespace phoenix;

The amount of ambiguity being courted by bringing all those namespaces
into a subnamespace of boost::detail (!) would scare me away from
doing it, especially in a header file. But maybe that's just me.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting