From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-18 14:05:08

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:34:22 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Jeff Garland wrote:
> >> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:35:19 -0500, David Abrahams wrote

> >> Small glitch with these categories -- 90% of date-time can be used without
> >> building the library now. Large percentage of the users probably don't need
> >> the lib. Same with graph. Last I knew only the graphviz feature required
> >> building a library. So not sure how you deal with these kind of
complications...

> > Simple. You leave it to the very capable human brains to decide what the
> > seemingly conflicting information is by providing as much detail as
> > possible. For example the graph lib would be described as header-only,
> > needs-building, and autolink.

Ok, I'm not sure how putting a library in all 3 categories will work -- it
will at least require explanation of how this can happen, but mostly I would
think it would be confusing to new users.

> Nothing in the graph lib needs building.

From

http://www.boost.org/libs/graph/doc/read_graphviz.html

  Building the GraphViz Readers

  To use the GraphViz readers, you will need to build and link
  against the "bgl-viz" library. The library can be built by
  following the Boost Jam Build Instructions for the
  subdirectory libs/graph/build.

Jeff