From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-19 03:56:52

> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> It would also be interesting to try to present the regression test data in a
>> user friendly way as an alternative to raw regression tests, which are fine
>> for
>> the library author, but information overload for a potential user. Again
>> just
>> some dummy client side data embedded in a JavaScript file to start with and
>> see
>> if it is worth pursuing or not.
>
> You really slay me! Considering the lengths to which we've gone to
> make the regression results accessible for users, this sounds like
> another one of your killer jokes. "The raw regression tests" look
> like a bunch of textual gobbledygook printed when running Jam; we
> supply nicely formatted tables. Users even get a distinct view from
> the developers, emphasizing the things users should care about.

Looks like theres a bug. My path from boost.org/index.html is

General Info --> Compiler status summary -->User report. At which point I am
redirected to

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/

Also once in there I see
"For user-level report, see user summary."

But I have No idea what that is actually referring to ? Couldnt that be a
hyper-link.

Aaah Now I see a link to User view. Unfortunately I'm getting

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Example link is

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/user/assign.html

 Hmm maybe theres a problem in IE6 ?

>> Its only fair to say that its really only just doodling. Even
>> assuming the interface arouses interest, which is a complete unknown
>> yet, there would obviously need to be a deal of discussion about any
>> implications before doing anything more of course.
>
> Sounds like you're making it much more complicated than it needs to
> be... again(?)

Could be .... ;-)

All thats going to happen is I'm going to make a mock up ( if I get around to
it). If it is good its good. If not not. It is a UI issue really, so its on
topic anyway as far as me investigating boost GUI which I hope to start soon.

regards
Andy Little