From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-19 06:03:51

> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> It would also be interesting to try to present the regression test data in a
>> user friendly way as an alternative to raw regression tests, which are fine
>> for
>> the library author, but information overload for a potential user. Again
>> just
>> some dummy client side data embedded in a JavaScript file to start with and
>> see
>> if it is worth pursuing or not.
>
> You really slay me! Considering the lengths to which we've gone to
> make the regression results accessible for users, this sounds like
> another one of your killer jokes. "The raw regression tests" look
> like a bunch of textual gobbledygook printed when running Jam; we
> supply nicely formatted tables. Users even get a distinct view from
> the developers, emphasizing the things users should care about.

OK. I have found one of the pages that I think you are referring too.

I think its:

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_33_0/user/summary.html

Now an interesting excercise is too first set your desktop to 1024 x 768
(assuming its bigger)... A reasonable size, then assume you have just discovered
boost numeric interval and youre compiler is VC8.

I've put up a snapshot of the type of screen of "accessible for users"
information that you are now presented with. This is the Summary BTW!

http://www.servocomm.freeserve.co.uk/boost/regression_snap.html

Best seen in Full screen mode! BTW You might think the list of libraries on the
left is related to the data on the right. But you would be mistaken, because the
grey line between is a scroll bar for the list, thus neatly removing your last
desperate hope of having the least possible clue as where you are in the table
and what those boxes are referring too. Useful isnt it! .. ;-)

regards
Andy Little