From: Serguei KOLOS (Serguei.Kolos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-22 05:18:30

Thank you for the explanation.

Paul Mensonides wrote:

>>Using the BOOST_PP_IS_EMPTY macro with string literal as
>>parameter causes compiler warning:
>>warning: pasting "BOOST_PP_IS_EMPTY_DEF_" and ""AA"" does not
>>give a valid preprocessing token
>

> That macro is 1) not a library interface (so why are you using it?)

I'm using it because I was looking for something to detect emptiness
and have found a macro in the preprocessor library. I can tell you what
makes me thinking that this is a public macro - it's name, which follows
the same convention as all the other macros' names in the library.

and 2) is
> not a general purpose emptiness detector (there is no such thing). There are
> very specific constraints on what the input is supposed to be.
Now I understood that my impression was wrong.
May be it makes sense to have different prefix for private macros?

Cheers,
Sergei