From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-22 05:21:39

tal boost ha escrito:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions I will do more reading regarding
> compiler specifics
> Hopefuly I will upgrade my compiler this year.
>
> Ok, I had tried this approach:
>
> hndl_index_type & h_type = get<0>(ns);
> group_index_type& g_type = get<1>(ns);
>
> But got:
> error C2667: 'get' : none of 2 overload have a best conversion
> error C2668: 'get' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
>
> Anymore suggestions? (Pls)

Could you provide some sample code (either through the list or
privately)? If this is not an option, please paste the complete error
message, so that I can see what are the clashing overloads the compiler
is referring to.

I've never met a similar problem. If nothing else works, you can always
explicitly qualify get:

hndl_index_type & h_type = boost::multi_index::get<0>(ns);

> I do have to admit that I find It strange that all the examples on the
> web (1-9) compile successfully. which left me wonder what am I missing
> In my project.

My suspicion is that you've got some extra using directive that is causing
the ambiguity problems.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo