From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-26 11:50:15

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:58:21 +0200, Yuval Ronen wrote

> > Sure this would be nice and it has been discussed before. The i/o code is
> > implemented in a way that should allow for this. Patches certainly accepted.
>
> I'll see if I have some free time for this, although I'm not
> optimistic :-( I just hope that when date_time is accepted to
> standard ("when" and not "if" :-) ), it will have format manipulators...

My current proposal doesn't have manipulators. However, a recent post by
Martin A. about the 'non-standardness' of the date-time facets (not const
after imbue) may very well force this to happen in the proposal -- since you
couldn't rely on facets to do this. And basically you're arguing that it's
inconvenient anyway.

In any case, the full breadth of requirements needs to be considered: time
types, duration types, periods. I think we would need different manipulators
for at least these classes of items -- and probably different manipulators for
time types versus date types...

Jeff