From: Martin Adrian (adrianm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-26 14:12:46

> It's doesn't matter. When you don't have access to the stream (as in
> lexical_cast, don't know about program_options), you can apply neither a
> facet, nor a manipulator, so there is no difference.

By default all streams use the global locale.

In my applications I add the date_time facets to the global locale at program
startup so e.g. lexical_cast works fine. Of course it would be even better if
lexcial_cast supported locales but it is better than nothing.

If the facet default was the current locale ("%x") I would only need to add
the facets when I need to parse dates.