From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-27 16:48:19

It seems that setting the BOOST_TEST_LOG_LEVEL environment
variable (or command line parameter) to "messages" no
longer displays messages (in Boost 1.33 as compared to
1.31 or 1.32). I've read the 1.33 release notes a couple
of times, and read through the (not always
straightforward) Boost Test documentation, but cannot find
what has changed, or why the BOOST_MESSAGE displays are no
longer happening. I'm sure I'm doing something silly, or
maybe this has changed between Boost Test releases and I
just can't find the applicable documentation.

Here's a minimal code example:

#include <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>
#include <boost/test/included/unit_test_framework.hpp>

using namespace boost::unit_test_framework;

void messageTest() {
   int i = 44;
   BOOST_MESSAGE("Testing Boost Message, i = " << i);
}

test_suite* init_unit_test_suite (int, char* [] ) {

   test_suite* test = BOOST_TEST_SUITE ("Boost Message
Test");
   test->add( BOOST_TEST_CASE ( &messageTest ) );

   return test;
}

Thanks for any help!

Cliff