From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-28 09:37:02

On Feb 28, 2006, at 2:09 AM, Yigong Liu wrote:
> Although bearing the same name of message passing, Channel
> framework is for
> application domains quite different from those targeted by MPI/PVM.
> Channel
> is for developing message passing/event dispatching systems in
> distributed
> embedded systems, desktop and enterprise applications. During my
> last eight
> years of employment, i worked on various telecom switches/routers, and
> distributed enterprise applications; designed and implemented 3 small
> proprietary message passing systems. Later i found that they all
> share a
> common set of primitives.

Very interesting. I expected that PVM/MPI was in a different message-
passing "space" than what you were proposing, but thought I should
ask nonetheless. I still hope to get a chance to look at Channel in-
depth, but for now I'll say this: don't mangle your design to fit PVM/
MPI. If they fit well, great; if not, that's fine too.

        Doug