From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 14:29:14

> There are three tests reportedly using "test_complex.cpp", and two
> tests named "tr1/test_complex".
>
> However, regression results at:
>
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/tr1.html
>
> mention only one test named "test_complex". Further, the first
> "test_complex" comes from this loop in Jamfile:
>
> for local file in [ GLOB $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/tr1/test : test*.cpp ]
> {
> all_rules += [ compile $(file)
> : <include>$(BOOST_ROOT) ] ;
>
> and the second "test_complex" comes from this loop:
>
> for local file5 in [ GLOB $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/tr1/test/std_headers :
> *.cpp ] {
> all_rules += [ compile $(file5)
>
> Note that the output of --dump-tests reports wrong name for the second
> "test_complex" -- libs/tr1/test/test_complex.cpp instead of
> libs/tr1/test/std_headers/test_complex.cpp
>
> I looks like there are two issues in regression system:
> 1. --dump-tests reports wrong file name

I suspect this may be the cause of issue #2 as well? Does this mean that
two tests with the same name anywhere in Boost will clash? These are in
different directories so there really shouldn't be a clash even if there are
two files with the same name.

> So, maybe it's a good idea to add explicit suffix to tests, for
> example using the following patch:

Or a prefix like I did for std_ prefixed versions? I'll update the Jamfile.

John.