From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-07 09:47:00

Sylvester-Bradley, Gareth wrote:

>> unless there are major issues
>
> I'm not sure what counts as major, but I guess most of the issues I raised
> for Boost.Iostreams probably aren't (given the lack of replies to my
> previous mail: http://tinyurl.com/mah8f)?

The problem seems to be that the author of iostreams has vanished and the
library is orphaned. (Apologies to Jonathan if this is not the case but I
haven't read anything from him recently.) So nobody probably cares about
iostreams anymore.

IIRC, there are a number of bug fixes on 1.33.1 which are still not merged
to HEAD. I merged some of them on my own to get it compile on Tru64/CXX
again but left it at that.

So we need to decide what to do with the remaining merges, and what will
happen to iostreams in the future, if Jonathan doesn't show up again.

Markus