From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-09 14:49:07

me22 wrote:

>My feeling is that, since scoped_ptr doesn't have release,
>scoped_array shouldn't either. It seems to me that the whole point of
>scoped_* is that the ownership cannot be moved elsewhere.

I agree. I use both of these classes for 2 reasons: (1) they delete
their objects in any case that they go out of scope (exceptions, too);
and (2) I don't have to worry about anyone writing code that will
circumvent this behavior (and produce a bug or leak that I will have to
find).

Please, don't change the behavior of either of these simple and valuable
classes. If someone wants anything to change, create a new class or
subclass with a different name.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]