From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-15 11:04:56

As has been noted, the serialization library inherits the behavior of
the basic_stream library used in its implementation. One could
try another library - e.g. STLPort. If you need a solution for some
specific datum in a specific application you could apply the
binary_object wrapper and serialize the binary representation
of the double. Of course you're back the the problem of
portable representation of floats - another problem discussed
on this list which has never arrived at a successful resolution.

Robert Ramey