From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-17 07:46:34

Fernando Cacciola wrote:

> I suppose so...
> This particular problem was not all-borland specific but particular
> of bcc 5.6.4.

Specifically 5.6.4, or any compiler on the 5.6 cycle?

> More specifically, numeric_limits<> failed to provide compile time
> constants in the new STL (it was ok when they used RW)

So it might work correctly on bcc 5.6.4 using the old Rogue Wave
library (that still shipped with the product)?

> So, if that was just kept broken forever after 5.6.4; or the new
> numeric cast fails for any other reason, go ahead and commit the fix.

Looks like it is broken with the new compiler/Dinkumware libraries as
well, but I did not look very hard after getting the above patch to
work. Has the library implementation evolved at all since the original
5.5.1 code?

IIUC, the plan is to end-of-life support for Borland compilers (along
with old MS, GCC and Metrowerks - for some definition of 'old') prior
to the lastest after the 1.34 release cycle, so simply moving to
BOOST_TESTED_AT is probably the best answer at this point.

Unless someone can bang in a working patch for the new implementation
;?)

--
AlisdairM