From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-21 18:49:17

Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>>Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:04:02 +0800

>>>Good points! Thanks for taking the trouble to explain in detail.
>>> Makes perfect sense, IMO.
>> Not to me. Despite what Daryle says, the feature hurts nobody (or
>> at
>> least he hasn't explained why it hurts anyone), and once you discover
>> it's there, it's very useful. If there were a more explicit way to
>> implement those links without interfering with presentation, I might
>> go for it, but I don't have any brilliant ideas and nobody else has
>> offered any so for now, that's the best we can do.
>
> It is very useful indeed. I can attest to that. It's very useful for
> me when I have to provide someone with information. I can simply
> right click and grab the URL of the specific section I wish to
> share.

How does right clicking help? If you go to
http://www.boost.org/libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html#portability-considerations
and right click you can copy a link to
http://www.boost.org/libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html#id45.

> The alternative would be to go back to the table of contents
> and grab the link there.

That's what you have to do, neh? You click once to get to the TOC,
then you right-click the link at the top of the page.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting