From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-21 20:35:57

Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> That's what you have to do, neh? You click once to get to the TOC,
>> then you right-click the link at the top of the page.
>
> Tedious and possibly error prone, IMO ;)

I should add that it could only be considered tedious and error-prone
from the POV of someone who wants to provide a link to the section.
For the ordinary browsing user, who wants to see where in the overall
outline of the document he is currently, the no-op link is
*definitely* tedious: it doesn't do anything! It's also confusing, of
course.

I think serving the ordinary browsing user is much more important than
serving the guy who wants to provide a link to the section, especially
if the difference is just one click.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting