From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-25 18:59:38

David Abrahams wrote:

> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>I asked you to explain what would be an improvement. I appreciate the
>>effort, but this is just a complaint. An explanation of what would
>>amount to an improvement could be really useful.
>

> By the way, have you seen the newer design in progress at
> http://boost.redshift-software.com/ ?

I do prefer it to the corrent one. A few notes:

I have the impression that there's a slight mismatch in the shades of
the top image and the hyperlink style. They might look better if they
were exactly the same or clearly different.

Consider adding a different color. One idea could be a warm shade of
yellow. You could use a stronger version for the navigation buttons and
a lighter one for the boxes, in place of the current grey. Consider
either displaying a window length menubar or a separator right above the
buttons.

The navigation box to the right should go above the search one, not below.

The "Get Boost" font is a bit too large. Consider moving it to the right
hand side of the navigation menu bar (where Motif's help button used to be).

See? Some of these *are* suggestions ;-)

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti