From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-29 08:08:06

Hi Sergey,

--- "Bulygin, Sergey" <Bulygin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Is the Asio task list available somewhere to see what is likely to be
> changed, compared to the current 0.3.6 version?

As yet, not in a readily available form, no. Most of the interface
changes have already been comitted into cvs, so I suggest having a look
there (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=122478). However the
anonymous CVS repository doesn't seem to have been synchronised for
several weeks, so it's not totally up-to-date.

> What is the suggested roadmap for those, who wish to adopt Asio right
> now? Should we use 0.3.6 as is, or should we consider those "breaking
> interface changes" since they are going to change conceptual library
> design?

I believe that the changes 0.3.6->0.3.7 will not substantially affect
the structure of a typical program. Most impact will be in name changes
(e.g. asio::demuxer to asio::io_service, asio::stream_socket to
asio::ip::tcp::socket). So if you want to start now 0.3.6 should be ok.

Cheers,
Chris