From: loufoque (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-31 03:28:21

Chris Pirazzi wrote :

> And of course it is possible today to store UTF-16 data in a
> std::wstring

Not really.
std::wstring can only be used for UCS-2 or UCS-4/UTF-32.

(UCS-2 is UTF-16 without surrogate pairs, limiting the range of
representable Unicode characters to 0-65535)

> ICU is probably sufficient, but I thought it might be nice to use
> something that fits in with the rest of boost and STL more nicely.

Have you tried Glib::ustring from glibmm ?
It is an utf-8 implementation with the same interface as std::string.
It should work with STL algorithms and the like.