From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-01 09:44:41

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> So if there is common sense about this you can treat me as the new
> maintainer. At the same time I want to point out that I definitely will
> need a lot of help from others. Watching the thread development for a
> while now makes me almost sure that this job is too much for a single
> person to do. Lot of expertise about the different platforms is needed.

I think this is why nobody volunteered to take that job for such a long
time. Perhaps, it would make sense to have platform maintainers for
Boost.Thread in addition to a library maintainer. Similar groups might
need to be formed for other libraries in the future (e.g. filesystem,
asio or anything GUI related have many platform specific aspects, too).

Regards,