From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-07 14:04:03

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> "Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote
>

>>Jeff Flinn wrote:

>>>FYI: IIRC, there was a recent post where explicit leading "::" in
>
> refering
>
>>>to namespaces caused problems in atleast one compiler.
>>
>>Actually I thought I'd be talking to human beings rather than a compiler,
>
> here ;-).
>
> :-)
>
> FWIW, I don't think we need this for typeof. All we need is to define some
> templates in, for example, <unnamed>::boost_typeof, and then refer to them
> as boost_typeof::blah.

Hmmm... That's about what I was talking about.

Figuring that "boost_typeof" (other than "_mpl") is a name that's pretty unlikely to collide with user code, you probably won't need a configuration macro for its name.

> No leading "::" is needed.

And (so joking doesn't obscure the message of my previous post) there is no "::" in the code! I used "::" simply to denote the namespace lives in the root namespace :-)...

Regards,

Tobias