From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-07 21:52:52

"Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote
> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> > FWIW, I don't think we need this for typeof. All we need is to define
some
> > templates in, for example, <unnamed>::boost_typeof, and then refer to
them
> > as boost_typeof::blah.
> >

> Hmmm... That's about what I was talking about.
>
> Figuring that "boost_typeof" (other than "_mpl") is a name that's pretty
unlikely to collide
> with user code, you probably won't need a configuration macro for its
name.

> > No leading "::" is needed.
>
> And (so joking doesn't obscure the message of my previous post) there is
no "::" in the code!
> I used "::" simply to denote the namespace lives in the root namespace
:-)...

So, we seem to be in total agreement :-)

My only concern was that this violates the Boost naming convention, but I
think
getting things to work is more important. Besides, you pointed to a
precedent. I also
know another one -- bind placeholders.

I will not be available next week, but after that, unless somebody suggests
a better alternative,
I will implement this (I hope CVS is stable at that point, and we are not
yet in the code freeze).

Regards,
Arkadiy