From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-10 09:26:44

On Apr 10, 2006, at 3:58 AM, Reece Dunn wrote:
> In terms of C++0x features, what is the current state of lambda
> support as I have
> seen several papers from Bjarne, et. al.?

I don't think being the fourth of five authors on one lambda proposal
counts as "Bjarne et. al." :)

The driving forces behind lambdas for C++0x are Jeremiah Willcock,
Jaakko Jarvi, and Valentin Samko. The lambda proposals are still in
an early state of development and will take a couple months to
mature. There are many unanswered questions about the scope of
lambdas (how much can/should they express?), various design features
(polymorphic vs. monomorphic, how to handle references to local
variables), etc. I have no doubt the authors will spiral in on the
right solution, but they could certainly use more feedback.

        Doug