From: Ian Fasel (ianfasel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-13 22:53:14

Hi Ion,

This thread from Feb 2004 may be helpful:
    http://lists.apple.com/archives/Darwin-development/2004/Feb/
msg00146.html
"Darwin's pthreads implementation does not support the optional "Thread
Process-Shared Synchronization" functionality, so calling
pthread_mutexattr_setpshared() with the PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED
attribute will return EINVAL."

Darwin is the BSD-ish underbelly of Mac OS X, so it's not glibc but
Apple supplied. I'm using Mac OS X version 10.4.5, so this is the
most up to date darwin.

-Ian