From: Steve Hutton (shutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-14 03:28:59

On 2006-04-09, Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> This coming October is the deadline for TR2 proposals. See
>> www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2005/n1810.html
>
> I'd still really like to see a database binding library make it into
> TR2. Not having this is killing C++ against Java for application
> developers. We've had some periodic fits and starts, but it seems clear
> we won't have a Boost library by then. I'd still like to see someone
> with some time step up and take this on. It's been done about 10 times
> so I think a proposal could be gleaned from the best of the current
> bindings...

Just a quick note that the SOCI database library has been progressing
nicely. The current release supports Oracle and Postgresql, and we
have just recieved contributions of backends for SQLite and MySQL.
The next release (later this month) should thus contain support for
these 4 databases.

http://soci.sourceforge.net/

Of course we welcome further contributions, e.g. SQLServer/Sybase etc.
;-)

We are not yet at the point where we are ready to submit to boost,
but we are moving in that direction.

Steve