From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-14 18:40:53

> Just a quick note that the SOCI database library has been progressing
> nicely. The current release supports Oracle and Postgresql, and we
> have just recieved contributions of backends for SQLite and MySQL.
> The next release (later this month) should thus contain support for
> these 4 databases.
>
> http://soci.sourceforge.net/

I just had a look and as others have said this is looking good. The
design criteria all seem reasonable. I'd suggest getting into the boost
review queue sooner rather than later.

The biggest thing that concerned me was having to define the size of a
vector to limit the amount of data that is read, e.g.

   std::vector<int> valsOut(100);
   sql << "select val from numbers", into(valsOut);

What if I simply want to get all data, in one batch. Or, more likely, if
I forget to specify a size does it give an error or simply return no data:
   std::vector<int> valsOut;
   sql << "select val from numbers", into(valsOut);

Also if, in the first example, more than 100 records were available, is
there a flag set somewhere to tell me that I didn't get all the data? Or
does the vector size of 100 add a "LIMIT 100" to the SQL query so there
is no way to tell?

Darren