From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-17 10:39:41

Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
> [...]
>> Patches that insert an additional BOOST_WORKAROUND or fix the
>> version of an existing one should be relatively safe to make "by
>> default" if nobody objects within, say, 3 days or so. (I should note
>> that your last patch didn't fall into that category, though, IIRC.)
>
> Which one are you referring to?

both seem to introduce modifications to correct code in order to work around
bugs in BCB2006, so they won't enjoy an "autocommit" status. :-)

One reason for not doing things that way, even though it's easier and I've
been known to use it myself, is to allow compilation with all workarounds
disabled. This can be useful for compiler/frontend vendors, for example.