From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-17 23:32:30

Marcin Kalicinski wrote:
> Is no_tracking flag of archives supposed to work? It is defined in
> archive_flags enum, but all the code that tests it in serialization
> library is commented out.

This is left over from a failed experiment. That's why its commented out.
It won't work.

Unfortunately, even if I uncomment all the
> code, tracking still performed. I need to disable tracking on
> per-archive basis and this flag would be just the solution, if I
> could make it work.

> (the only references to no_tracking flag I found are in
> iserializer.hpp and oserializer.hpp).

I was experimenting with a runtime flag to suppress tracking
gobally. After a while, I concluded that this wasn't a good idea
for a number of reasons. Not all of which I remember off hand.

If you want to do this, I suggest you consider looking at
redefining the default tracking behavior by making you're
own version of boost/serialization/tracking.hpp. Be sure
its included before anyother headers so it will take
priority over the standard one. Both files should use the
same include guard. This is similar to the technique
used do define the default typeinfo implementation.

Good Luck with this.

Robert Ramey