From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-18 09:01:17

On 4/16/06, Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Jeff Garland wrote:

> >> So... I'm curious. Are you going to do it? :-)
> >
> > Personally I'm thinking I would be smart not to take on another project. I
> > have a cronic habit of getting over-booked (is there a 12 step program for
> > this problem ;-)
>
> Yes, but by the 6th step you can't afford to pay the assistants ;-)
>
> > -- anyway, I'm hoping we will be able to support a number
> > of projects. Actually, I'm a little suprised there hasn't been more response
> > to your post. I'm starting a discussion amoungst the moderators about how we
> > want to organize to take this on.
>
> I'm putting together a list of Boost.Build related projects that I would
> be willing to mentor. So if you want you can include me in that
> discussion :-)

Is this list what somebody (you?) put in the wiki? It'd be
interesting to see who
is available to mentor each item.

Anyway, the "Configure" Boost.Build project caught my eye. Which could be
the requirements for such a tool? I expect it'd need to run natively under
Windows and Unix-based systems, right? Which language would it need to be
written in? Maybe C++ is the obvious answer, but then there is a
"bootstrapping" problem (you might need to configure the tool to build the
tool successfully). Just saying this because it'd be good to have as much
details as possible for each proposed project.

And... would someone be willing to mentor a Boost.Process library? :-)

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/