From: Aristid Breitkreuz (aribrei_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-18 19:37:40

Am Dienstag, den 18.04.2006, 14:12 -0700 schrieb Foster Brereton:
> FWIW, the Adobe Source Libraries solved this problem by implementing
> adobe::value_t, a cousin of boost::any that models the RegularType
> concept, and so requires operator== for any type it holds.
>
> <http://opensource.adobe.com/classadobe_1_1value__t.html>

As you shamelessly pointed to your own, non-boost class, I hope I may do
that, too :-).

I wrote a class much like any which uses traits to determine whether an
action is supported and if not, an exception is thrown at run-time.

Its documentation and implementation might be poor but it's pretty nice
to be able to dump your Xany - that's the classes name - values right on
std::cerr.

You can find the code here:
http://gott.snip-a-lot.de/snapshots/ondemand/net.sourceforge.gott/gott/xany/

> Blessings,
> Foster

Thank you,
Aristid, who is a hobbyist programmer and student

PS: Feel free to comment about my classes, whether via private mail or
if that's fine for the list via the list.