From: Walter Landry (wlandry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-19 16:03:48

Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > Anyway, the "Configure" Boost.Build project caught my eye. Which could be
> > the requirements for such a tool?
>
> I also added a few requirements to that one item. I'll expand the other
> one a bit later.

Before you start, you should have a look at BuildSystem [1]. It is
used as the configuration engine for PETSc [2], which runs on more
platforms than you can shake a stick at. It is implemented in Python.
The docs are a bit sketchy, and it still needs work for mere mortals
to be able to use. In any case, I have implemented it for my
software, which you can get with subversion at

  http://geodynamics.org/svn/cig/long/3D/Gale/trunk

There is a configure.py script, but most of the meat is in the python/
subdirectory.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry_at_[hidden]