From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 18:03:20

>> IMO the fast lookup should be optional feature.
>
> IMO it does not belong there at all.

I cannot agree. Can you imagine an XML or JSON library that would do O(n)
lookup on keys? I think it would be quite a curiosity. And be quite useless
if any larger data chunk was to be manipulated.

In one of my previous projects I used ptree to manipulate data about 2 MB in
size. Without lookup that would be probably an order of magnitude slower.

On the other hand, having an option to disable lookup could save some
memory/time (if user knew he will only iterate over the structure).

Kind regards,
Marcin