From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 10:54:57

"Marcin Kalicinski" <kalita_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >> IMO the fast lookup should be optional feature.
>>
>> IMO it does not belong there at all.
>
> I cannot agree. Can you imagine an XML or JSON library that would do O(n)
> lookup on keys? I think it would be quite a curiosity. And be quite
> useless if any larger data chunk was to be manipulated.

Make up you mind finally. What is your library?

1. Runtime parameter facility
2. Permanent storage facility
3. XML parser

Each task has different tasks and priorities. If it (1) and (2) it doesn't
need any fast lookup. If it's (3) - I wouldn't recommend DOM based parsers
in this case anyway - Your logN lookup may not be fast enough anyway. What
if I want some hash instead?

I could achieve the same with multi_index serialized/deserialized from
different archives. And I do not see any advantages in your solution.

Gennadiy