From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 05:13:37

(Cross-posting to boost-docs. Future messages in this thread should be
directed there.)

Andy Little wrote:
> "Alex Besogonov" wrote
>
>> I'm trying to write documentation for my project in QuickBook and I have
>> a little question: is it possible to escape to direct HTML markup from
>> QuickBook (or BoostBook) source?
>>
>> I'm trying to add imagemap as, for example, in this article:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vxgrfAutomationObjectModelChart.asp
>
> FWIW I wanted to do this too. I found the laziest solution was to provide a link
> to an external html file containing the map. After a brief look in the DocBook
> documentation, I believe that DocBook can achieve similar functionality to a
> HTML map but it will take some searching though the documentation to unearth the
> details.

Looks like <mediaobjectco> is what you want:
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/mediaobjectco.html

 From QuickBook, you'll need to escape to BoostBook and write your image
map using mediaobjectco XML tags. It's never been tried before, so it's
anybody's guess what our XSL transforms will make of these tags.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting